Competitions 85th Annual Awards Exhibition
U.S. National Deadline: March 23, 2018 – National Sculpture Society announces a call for artists for its prestigious 85th Annual Awards Exhibition. On display August 11 thru October 28, 2018 at Brookgreen Gardens, Pawleys Island, SC.
The exhibition is open to NSS Fellows, Elected Sculptor Members, Associates who dues are paid in full, and new members (see Prospectus for info on joining). Please note that work that is inspired by nature, or figurative, or realist sculpture, is preferred. All entries are subject to jury. Works previously exhibited in Annual NSS Exhibitions are ineligible.
Artists are asked to submit their very best work. Sculptures may be in any permanent medium. Terracotta, Plaster, Ceramic and works in other fragile materials will be considered, but only on the condition that artists assume all responsibility for proper packaging and shipping of works. The NSS and Brookgreen Gardens will NOT be held responsible for any damages. Works of all sizes will be considered, including reliefs and medals. Sculpture must not have been in a previous NSS Annual Exhibit.
Over $18,000 in cash awards, including $4,000 Gold Medal Award… see more here
An exhibition catalog will be created for the show in celebration of NSS’ 125th anniversary and a cataloging fee of $100 will be charged to each sculptor juried into the show. Information about individual works will be taken after acceptance into the show. Each exhibitor will receive 5 copies of the catalog.
A non-refundable processing fee of $50 must be included with all submissions. The exhibition is open to NSS Fellows, Elected Sculptor Members, Associates who dues are paid in full, and new members (you can join here).
Read complete Prospectus and apply online. All work will be juried anonymously from electronically submitted images.
Sculptures accepted in the exhibition are not required to be available for sale. Inquiries about purchasing works in the exhibition will be referred to Brookgreen Gardens. A commission of 25% will be charged on all sales.
- March 23: Submission deadline.
- April 13: Notification mailed to artists.
- July 24 – August 4: Sculpture shipped to/received at Coastal Transfer & Storage in Georgetown, SC
- August 11: 85th Annual Awards Exhibition opens at Brookgreen Gardens.
- October 27: Reception for 85th Annual Awards Exhibition at Brookgreen Gardens.
- October 28: 85th Annual Awards Exhibition closes at Brookgreen Gardens.
- October 29 – November 4: Show is dismantled and sculpture re-crated in original crates.
- November 5: Sculpture is picked up by Coastal Transfer & Storage and brought to their warehouse in Georgetown, SC.
- November 6 – November 30: All sculptors must arrange to have sculpture picked up from Coastal Transfer & Storage or storage fees will be charged to individual sculptors.
Contact Patty Delahanty at National Sculpture Society
email@example.com or (212) 764-5645 ext. 13.
Since 1893, National Sculpture Society (NSS) promotes excellence in sculpture that is inspired by the natural world. Programs include Sculpture Review magazine, the SculptureNews e-bulletin, scholarships, grants, exhibitions and competitions. Our Sculpture Celebration Conference features programs such as panel discussions, demonstrations, information sessions, studio tours, and awards presentations. These educational programs are just a few of the ways NSS serves as a link between the public, sculptors, educators, and collectors.
For more than 120 years, our members have created, exhibited, collected and supported the evolving tradition in American sculpture. NSS continues to support sculpture today as an active, vital, not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization.
National Sculpture Society
75 Varick Street, 11th Floor
New York, NY 10013